Monday, April 11, 2011

Weirdness

Hey guys,


Today was a weird day, it was beyond weird it was just plain freaky. First off, Lenka and I were having our usual Wednesday lunch on the lawn in front of the State Library we then get approached by a complete stranger who sits in front of us and says that we are "lovely gorgeous women with beautiful names" it was weird, we were scared. It's always us who get approached always! haha. After that we watched a little boy perform Michael Jackson's songs he was so cute! His outfits were adorable. Then we got lost but all in all it was a fun day nonetheless!

I took a photo of the GIANT Anubis statue at the entrance of Southern Cross Station in Melbourne, I must say I was very impressed it's amazing! And Anubis travels around with the exhibition to various cities (Sherb I don't know how you missed it, it's huge!!).

Fun Facts about Anubis!
- Anubis is actually the Greek name for the Egyptian god known as Ipnu!
- He was associated with the mummification and protection of dead, in the afterlife and the journey that they take part in.
- The Jackal was associated with cemeteries because there was the threat that it would eat the flesh of the bodies.

On Wednesday the girls and I are finally making our way to Tutankhamun! Sooo excited man! ^_^ It's all I've been thinking about! And turning 19 this Friday, man I feel old!! Last year as a teen!

On a different note, I bought the book Water for Elephants and read it over the weekend. I loved it! I found the imagery of the circus to be really brilliant and exciting! I also now have a deeper appreciation for elephants :) I'm quite excited for the movie, the book was great! Next on the reading list is the Handmaid's tale. A dystopian science-fiction novel, the book seems very interesting! Can't wait to read it.

Quote of the day:
Me: "Liam Neeson's filming the second Clash of the Titans!"
Lenka: "what!? that was shit, what a crap movie!!"
Me: "were still going to watch it, right?"
Lenka: " Hell yeah!" bahaha.


Until later!
Yags xxx


6 comments:

First Article Submission said...

Good post. Keep going and be useful for others. Thanks.

News Links said...

Worthy of applause. Looking for the next.

New World Bookmarking said...

Good afford. I appreciate it. Thanks.

World Bookmarking Store said...

Wonderful work. Watching for future post.

First Article Surrender said...

After many days such article have read and really enjoyed it. Thanks.

Great Article Surrender said...

Hai. Beautiful work. Write frequently and be beloved of others.Thanks.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0