Sunday, November 21, 2010

The importance of having a hobby.

So yesterday I was chatting with a couple of friends, and we were talking about having talents, and how we found ourselves to be 'talentless', and as I agreed with them one of them pointed to my desk, that is laden with Greek stuff and said "but at least you have a hobby!" And it's so true! I don't know where I would be if I didn't have this hobby. I feel like my life would be pointless and ever so boring. So let's just say I'm glad I chose to study Classics in High school, now at Uni and I'm glad I was intrigued by the stories of the Trojan War at a young age. I think having a deep interest in whatever topic is fundamentally important. It creates a sense of intrigue and interest that is hard to find anywhere else. Now, it no longer has to refer to just reading piles and piles of books, we live in a digital age, where understanding has become easier and much more widespread. To find out anything, is really just a click away. The digital means provide new insight into History that is just really incredible. So balance your interests with books (you can never have too many books) and digital means because you'll never know what you will find out!


I saw these badges on etsy.com and i laughed!

I'm also hoping to pick up the Robert Fagles collection of the Iliad, Odyssey and Aeneid tomorrow very exciting, I've wanted it for ages! :D

Yags
xxxx



0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0